Saturday, October 28, 2023

October 28, 2023


Revelation 21: 4, 5 “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” (NIV)


Only in heaven will we know exactly what heaven is like.*


We aren’t so sure about what we are going to see in heaven. When God says that the old order of things has passed away, we have some cryptic clues as to what that will look like. But God has made it pretty clear about some of the things that we won’t see there: tears; death; mourning; crying; pain. I think we can safely say that we won’t have to deal with traffic jams or pancreatic cancer or mean people or freak accidents.

You know what else we won’t find in heaven? Our own personal bad stuff. On earth, I am shallow, selfish, lazy, and judgmental. When I get to heaven, I will no longer struggle with my unholiness. Not only will I see my Savior face-to-face, I will be able to look him in the eye because I will have nothing to be ashamed of. When he says, “Well done, good and faithful servant,” I will nod modestly and accept the reward that Jesus earned for me.

PS: As a writer, I love that God had to remind John to take notes rather than trust that he would remember what he had seen and heard. I pray that the words I write prove to be trustworthy and true, too.


You will be at your best forever.*


No comments:

Post a Comment