Saturday, August 5, 2023

August 5, 2023


I John 4: 16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. (NIV)


We cannot put our trust in a God we do not know.*


Years ago, my friend and her husband were volunteers in the children’s ministry at church – only they were usually late and frequently absent without notice. She confided in me that she thought the ministry leaders were mad at her. I said, “Of course they are. They can’t count on you to be there when they need you.” People can be unreliable, even if their intentions are good.

We know that we can count on God to keep his promises, but do we understand what it means to be able to rely on his love? Human love is fickle. Losing the love of a parent or a child may be fairly rare, but who hasn’t experienced the break-up of a relationship because “I just don’t love you anymore”? God’s love means never having to ask yourself, “What did I do wrong?” God’s love will never leave you feeling devastated. You can’t do anything to make God love you more – and you don’t have to because you can’t do anything to make him love you less, either.

When you are feeling unworthy of love, be reminded of this verse. Know God’s love and rely on it. He has gone to a lot of trouble to prove it!


He cannot not love us.*


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That was so needed today. Thank you for your willingness to allow God to use you Connie in regards to these Post. Yes we can rely on God's love and it is LIMITLESS. I am sooo glad that He loves me. I love Him too! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete