Tuesday, September 5, 2023

September 5, 2023


John 9: 25 He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see.” (NIV)


Telling our story is a defense of our belief.*


What is your testimony? Were you the lost and rebellious sheep who has a dramatic story about how you found your way back home? Or were you like me, a slightly unruly sheep who never went anywhere? Which of us has the more powerful testimony?

We have a few mistaken notions about witnessing. The first that comes to mind, of course, is the one I just mentioned: we think our story is boring. Another is the idea that we need to know more about the Bible before we can witness. The formerly blind man in this verse shoots down both of those theories. He only knew one thing about Jesus: he had healed him. And that was his testimony.

You may not be able to quote scripture to prove every point you would like to make when witnessing but I’m certain you know more than one thing about Jesus. And if you know what Jesus has done for you, you have a testimony. Your story may lack drama but it will never lack power.


Personal testimonies are more powerful than we believe.*


No comments:

Post a Comment