Sunday, December 10, 2023

December 10, 2021


Deuteronomy 23: 14 For the Lord your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, so that he will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you. (NIV)


His holiness demands our holiness.*


I do not find camping fun. The Israelites probably didn’t either, but camping wasn’t a recreational activity - their camp was their home. God roamed their home to protect them and to deliver them from their enemies. No home security company could compete with that! 

I like the idea of God’s presence in my home, protecting and delivering. But wait! Is my home holy enough for God’s security system? When he walks around, what does he see? Do I honor him with my possessions? What kind of “indecent” things might he find? I came home one time and found something “indecent” that had been brought into my house by someone else. I can tell you that it made me want to flee my own house – and my holiness does not compare to God’s. How horrified he must be when he encounters unholiness in us – in our homes and in our lives.

Let us be aware of any unholiness that might have seeped into our lives. Let us determine that our camp will remain holy so that God will not turn away from us.


The proof of spiritual maturity is not how “pure” you are but awareness of your impurity
.*


No comments:

Post a Comment