Friday, June 9, 2023

June 9, 2023


Psalm 91: 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. (NIV)


Messages immediately from heaven commonly struck even the best and boldest men into consternation.*


What do we know about angels? 

1. They are messengers from God, bearers of both good news and bad news. 
2. Some may be warriors, some may be houseguests. 
3. They often preface their message with the words, “Don’t be afraid.” 
4. Even a donkey knows to fear them. (Numbers 22) 
5. They are not to be worshipped. (Colossians 2: 18) 
6. God has commanded them to guard the way of those who dwell in him. 
7. They do not protect us in the commission of sinful behavior. 

How exactly do they perform their guard duty? Do they repel demons, counteract spiritual plots, ward off diseases?* I once fell asleep while driving on I-75 and woke up (in the next lane) because I heard someone say my name. Was that an angel? I don’t know. Does it matter? I came to no harm and I thank God for protecting me, however he accomplished it! 

I believe that most of God’s people will come to the end of their days with no idea of how involved angels had been in their lives. God has commanded them to guard all our ways and so they do their jobs. Our job is to make the Most High our dwelling (Psalm 91: 8). 

“‘Because he loves me,’ says the Lord, ‘I will rescue him.’” (Psalm 91: 14). With or without the aid of angels, he has promised to protect us.


We have made too little of the ministering of the angels.*




No comments:

Post a Comment