Saturday, February 4, 2023

Be Still - February 4, 2023


I Timothy 6: 7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. (NIV)


Death terminates all wealth.*


Everyone – including nonbelievers - knows that “you can’t take it with you.” But what if you could? What do you possess that you could find a use for in heaven? When you look at it that way, it puts things into perspective and causes you to contemplate the importance of your legacy. There are some things that, though you have to leave them behind, you may be able to reconnect with later.

Those things aren’t things – they’re people.

It’s still true that you can’t take the people you love to heaven with you, but you can help improve their chances of meeting you there. If you are a parent, you are the most influential person in your children’s lives. Leave them a legacy that points them to Jesus. If you don’t have children, adopt some “spiritual” ones. When John wrote, “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth,” (III John 4) he probably wasn’t referring to his biological family. 


When I get to Heaven, I think God is going to ask me if I brought a bunch of people with me, not if I was right on every issue.*


No comments:

Post a Comment