Thursday, July 6, 2023

July 6, 2023


Luke 2: 6, 7 . . . the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. (NIV)


It is sure that no man ever thought of such a plan.*


Do you remember the first time you left your new baby in the care of someone else? You didn’t leave her with a random stranger, did you? You wouldn’t trust your helpless child to a person who you knew was going to abuse him. Or torture and kill him. But that’s what God did with his precious Son. He sent him into the world, knowing what the world was going to do to him. Actually, he sent his Son because of what the world was going to do to him. Because that’s how much he loves us.

I confess: I don’t get it. I can’t think of a better plan to save the world – but surely God could. And why bother saving the world anyway? It’s not just that we’re sinful; it’s that even at our best we are undeserving and fickle. We are not lovable. But here is what I do get: when I remember that “God came as a baby, giving and entrusting Himself to me,”* I know that I am loved beyond my ability to comprehend or duplicate. I am his precious child.


Eternal life is not about knowing all the answers but knowing the Son.*


No comments:

Post a Comment